Which elements should I look in the information on the processing of personal data of a Web site reserved for a child?
The information on the processing of personal data to a Web site shows how the site uses, shares and holds the personal informations it collects. It is important that parents read this information and show their children what to look inside before they transmit data and other personal information. Sometimes, the information can be lengthy, complex and vague.
If the Web site does not have one, use caution when you proceed to make a purchase or provide personal information on the site.
- What are the information the site collects and keeps track of which.
- How the site uses the information gathered, in particular, if they are sold to third parties.
- If you have the option to edit or delete data collected from your children.
- What measures are taken to protect children in the activities of chat rooms, message boards and e-mail on the site.
- If the site requires and can not achieve the verifiable consent from parents before a minor spread personal data online.